The anniversary of a church is a time to reflect on its history, and to consider how far it has come. It also gives us the opportunity to consider where we are going, and how we can continue to grow as a community.
It’s been 150 years since the first church was built. That building has been replaced by many others over the years, but it all started here: with this group of people who were determined to make something beautiful out of their collective faith.
A lot has changed since then—some good things, some bad things—but what hasn’t changed is our commitment to each other. We have always been here for one another in times of need, whether that means helping someone find a job or giving them food when they need it most. We have always been there when someone is sick or grieving or facing any sort of challenge in life. That will never change because that’s what community means—it means sticking together through thick and thin!
Sermons for Church Anniversary
Celebrating the anniversary of your church is an important time for reflection, and it’s a good idea to do so with some thoughts about the future.
Which is why I’ve asked you to take a moment before we begin today’s sermon to think about what this place means to you. What does it mean to belong here? How does your relationship with this community help you grow?
Maybe you’re thinking about how much has changed since you first came here. Maybe you’re thinking about how much has stayed the same. Either way, it’s important to remember that while the world around us is always changing and growing, we are still here—and that means something.
Church Anniversary Sermon Outlines
Faithful Lord, we first offer to You our thanksgiving prayer on this occasion of our church anniversary. Indeed, You are a faithful God. As we have read in Your word that You keep Your mercy for a thousand generations, so we have witnessed in this church, and we give You praise in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
1st Corinthians 12:12-27
We are all part of the body, but each part of the body is important. If one part suffers, all parts suffer with it. If one part is honored, all parts can rejoice with it. Now you are Christ’s body and individually you are members of it. We were taught by God’s Spirit to put aside things that are wrong so that we may share in the inheritance together with our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:23). The Holy Spirit has been given to unite us into one body — Jews and Gentiles alike — so we might share in his blessings (Ephesians 2:11-22).This is why we must learn to love each other as Christ loved us; then we will have boldness before him at his coming (1 John 4:7-21).
4. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5. so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6. We have different gifts according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8. if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership abilities you possess that make you lead people then be sure to lead well by example and compassion rather than by power alone.
Psalm 100 is a celebration of God’s goodness and greatness. It encourages us to be thankful for what He has done for us, and it gives us an outline for how we should live our lives. We can see that this Psalm is meant to be used in the church service by its references to the congregation (verses 1-3) and the fact that it was written as a “song” (verse 3).
The first thing we notice about Psalm 100 is that it begins with reference to God being Lord over all things (verse 1), which would have been familiar language to those who worshiped at Jerusalem’s temple because they were used to hearing similar declarations from priests during times of sacrifice or praise.
Next we see that this song instructs its listeners on how they should respond if they want their prayers answered by saying “I will walk before You with all my heart” (verse 4). This shows us two things: First, our love for God should motivate us more than anything else; second, when you are ready to act according them His will then He will provide guidance through His Word so you know what steps must first be taken before doing something else afterward!
1st Corinthians 9:16-27
The church is to fulfill its mission of bringing people to Christ. For example, Paul asked the Corinthians to make it their aim (1 Cor 9:19). He then gave them examples of how he had brought people to Christ (vss. 21-27), including his own conversion experience with Ananias (vss. 26-28).
He also reminded the Corinthians that he had come to them as a minister of Jesus Christ because God sent him and not as a professional speaker or teacher (1 Cor 9:17). This means that pastors should not be paid for their services but rather supported by voluntary contributions from those who benefit from their ministry.
2nd Peter 1:3-11
I want you to know that your faith is flourishing and that your love for each other has grown. But I have this one request: Friends, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge; then you will be able to test the value of anyone’s claim to be a follower of Christ. For if someone claims to have faith but does not have works, their faith is just empty words. It doesn’t mean anything at all. Now someone may say they have faith but are not living by it; what good is that? Faith without works means nothing! Also, when the apostle James told us about our trials in life he said something very important: “We should consider it a great joy when we face difficult situations,” because in this way God gives us an opportunity for greater glory (James 1:2-4). And so we know beyond any doubt or question whatsoever that everything we do here on earth will continue into eternity—and not only ourselves as individuals but also our relationships with others as well!
Acts 2:42-47, 5:12-15, 6:1-7, 13:1-3
In Acts 2:42-47, you have a picture of the early church working together. They shared their possessions and food with one another. They prayed for one another and had unity in their prayers. We can learn from this example by applying these principles to modern day life:
- Sharing our thoughts and feelings with each other
- Partnering with each other in ministry
- Praying for one another as individuals
- Being open to new ideas from others
Each member of the church is responsible for the well being of the whole
Church is not a business, it’s a family. Because we are all responsible for the well being of each other, we must work together. Each member has gifts and talents that help to make up for their weaknesses, and experience different situations than others in order to make better decisions. No one person can do everything on their own, but when working together as a team we are stronger than any one person could ever be alone!
Inspirational Church Anniversary Sermons
Your church’s anniversary should be remarkable in every sense of the word, and using some inspirational church anniversary messages is one way to achieve that.
Build up the excitement in the members of your church and much more in your pastor as you mark this milestone in the church’s existence. You could be a fervent Christian or you could be taking steps to becoming a commitment Christian, whichever you are, make this year’s anniversary memorable using some inspirational church anniversary messages.
The same way you light up the joy in your pastor with happy birthday messages to pastor on your pastor’s birthday and happy wedding anniversary messages to pastor on your pastor’s wedding anniversary, make your pastor sparkle with these inspirational church anniversary messages as well.
If you are to take the opening prayer at the anniversary, don’t fret, the best opening prayers for church anniversary have you covered. Go ahead and make this anniversary unforgettable with inspirational church anniversary messages.
Use the inspirational church anniversary messages I have here for you and make your church’s anniversary spectacular in 2022.
Best Church Anniversary Messages
As the Lord established this church, nothing harmful shall befall this church. The church shall grow in strength, in number and in the divine power of God. Happy anniversary to us.
1. Big congratulations to the church and a happy anniversary. May God set apart this church for His mighty works and may souls be drawn to the kingdom of God through the marvellous manifestation of His faithfulness in the church and the life of every member.
2. God bless and continually uplift our leaders in wisdom, knowledge, grace and anointing. Happy church anniversary on this auspicious day.
3. With heartfelt joy do I celebrate this day with the church of God. God who preserved our lives to witness this day shall keep us alive to witness many more. Happy anniversary to the church.
4. I celebrate this day in thanksgiving and appreciation to God for His wondrous work in this church. May this church emit the glory of Christ always and may the glorious manifestation of Christ never cease in our midst. Happy anniversary to the church of God.
5. As this church clocks a new age, may this new anniversary come with the blessings of a new season, may the strength of our leaders be renewed, and may the grace of God on their lives be multiplied. Happy church anniversary.
6. In the excitement of today, may the joy that knows no bound be upon us all. May the joy of the Lord never be absent in this church, now and forever. Happy church anniversary.
7. The blessings of the Lord be upon the church as another new season begins. This new season shall be spiritually uplifting for the church in all ramifications. Happy anniversary to the church.
8. As this new season begins may this church shall be like a tree planted by living waters. May the old see dreams and the youth see visions and may the soar with wings as eagles. Happy church anniversary.
9. May an outpouring of miracles unexplainable, wealth unlimited, sound health without hitches, and spiritual gifts in abundance be upon the church. Happy anniversary to the church of God.
10. May the righteousness and godliness of God be evident in this church. May we live exemplary lives that will draw people to God and to the church. Happy church anniversary.
11. Happy church anniversary. As we celebrate the beginning of a new phase in this church, may our lives depict Christ’s nature and His glory. May we be beneficiaries of God’s divine manifestations.
12. As founded on God’s leading, fulfilling the divine mandate of which it was laid, may this body of Christ glow with the glory of the father with expressions of the gifts and fruits of the spirit. Happy church anniversary.
13. I am filled with excitement, saturated with thanksgiving and overflowing with the joy of the Holy Spirit. God who has built His church to magnify His glory shall continually use this church unto His glory. Happy anniversary to the church of God.
14. The milestone reached today as this church assumes a new age is the Lord’s doing and it is marvellous in our sight. Happy church anniversary. May celebrations abound in our homes.
15. As we celebrate this amazing feat as a church, achieving another anniversary, may God in His infinite mercies shower us with His blessings. Happy church anniversary.
16. Happy anniversary to the church of God. May singing and dancing abound among us and may we continue to be true worshippers, worshipping God in the spirit and in truth.
18. As with every new season, may this new anniversary be the fresh beginning of new and amazing things in this church. May we ask and be given, knock on the doors to be opened and seeks to find. Happy church anniversary.
19. May we continually bask in the love of Jesus which binds us together. May that love be strengthened be among us as in the days of the apostles. May the church radiate the love of Jesus to the world and attract lost souls to the kingdom. Happy church anniversary.
20. Rejoicing shall not cease among us as we rejoice and celebrate this day. Happy anniversary to the church of God. May we celebrate many more years as one in Christ Jesus.
21. May the church be elevated in the revelation of Christ’s vision for His church. Happy church anniversary.
22. May the church grow in the knowledge and understanding of God and godliness. Happy anniversary as the church grows a year older.
23. May we wax in wisdom and understanding as bearers of Christ’s identity. May our lives reveal Christ everywhere we go. Happy church anniversary.
24. The blessings of Christ Jesus be upon this church. May we serve him always in spirit and in truth. May we be partakers of His grace and the dominion he has granted us over everything on earth and the powers of darkness. Happy anniversary to God’s church.
25. As it is written in the scriptures, nothing can separate us from the love of Jesus. We will continually walk in His steps, reflect His righteousness and be carriers of His grace. Happy church anniversary.
Words of Encouragement for Church Anniversary
As beneficiaries of the saving grace of Christ Jesus, let us be encouraged to keep pressing in the light of God. May the blood of Jesus speak always for us and may our lives be encapsulated in him. May we be victors at all times over the challenges life throws at us, and may the church withstand and conqueror every power contrary to that of Christ. Happy church anniversary.
26. In the rainy days and the sunny times, in the times of scarcity and the days of plenty, let us always place our trust in God and cast all our cares on him. Happy anniversary to the church of God.
27. As there is seedtime and harvest time, may the seeds we have planted in prayers and supplications be harvested as answers to our prayers. Happy church anniversary.
28. As we celebrate in this season, the awesome works of Christ Jesus in this church and the elevations he has brought our way, may our individual lives be expressions of God’s grace and power. A very happy anniversary to the church.
29. There shall be no limitations for we who are in Christ Jesus. Our prayers shall not be of our will but by the help of the Holy Spirit, we shall pray as we ought to and shall make manifest the glory of God on earth. Happy church anniversary.
30. We are the Lord’s chosen, bought by His blood, washed clean and saved from the bondage of sin. As we collectively celebrate this church anniversary, may our lives be celebrated in the kingdom of heaven and exemplary here on earth.
31. In all times and seasons, may we never feel forsaken by the Lord. May our hearts be drawn to Him and our lives manifest His will. May we ask and be given, seek and find, knock and open doors as He has assured us. Happy church anniversary.
32. As we celebrate the beginning of a new season in this church, may no one among us feel left alone. May the presence of God not elude us every day. May the blessings he has for us each day not pass us by. Happy church anniversary.
33. As we celebrate this church anniversary in leaps and in bounds, may all that we set out to achieve as the body of Christ be accomplished. May our accomplishments be greater than our expectations.
34. As our church enters into a new season, may new and marvellous things begin to show forth through this church and through the lives of the members. Happy church anniversary.
35. Every good and amazing thing as orchestrated for the church at this time shall be brought into fruition. This new anniversary shall be the beginning of bigger realities for this church in all spiritual and physical ramifications. Happy anniversary to the church of God.
36. Happy church anniversary to every member of this body of Christ. As we celebrate today, may our joy, individually and collectively, know no bound.
37. May we always be to the world as light is to darkness. May our lives depict Christ and illuminate the lives of others to come into experiencing the love of Christ. Happy church anniversary.
38. Happy church anniversary. This new season shall be for the uplifting of the church and for an increase on all sides.
39. May the joy with which we celebrate this moment continue to dwell in us all. May we exude the joy of the Lord always. Happy church anniversary.
40. May the abundance of God’s grace abound upon His church. May we be carriers of His gifts as he freely gives us. Happy church anniversary.
As you celebrate your church’s anniversary with the messages here, you can also have Inspirational prayers for church growth delivered.
41. May the Lord strengthen the church to deliver upon the great commission. May this season launch the church into a bigger capacity towards winning souls into the Kingdom. Happy church anniversary.
42. As we celebrate today, may all things that concern us be for our good, now and forevermore. Happy church anniversary.
43. May the Lord bless and keep us and make His face shine upon us at all times. Happy church anniversary.
44. In every situation we find ourselves, may the mercies of the Lord be sufficient for us. Happy church anniversary.
45. May we be exempted from the evil of each day as we dwell under the wings of the Lord and take refuge in His fortress. Happy church anniversary.
46. May we always have reasons to give thanks as the scripture says, gives thanks in all circumstances. May our lives be examples of God’s faithfulness. Happy church anniversary.
48. As we celebrate today, may Jesus meet the needs of the church as we continuously request. May the needs we present in prayers be met as at when due. Happy church anniversary.
49. May all things work in the favour of every member of this church. As we celebrate this anniversary, may we celebrate the beginning of beautiful realities in the lives of every member. Happy church anniversary.
50. Happy church anniversary. May all that concerns this church be made manifest and be perfected.
Do not let your church’s anniversary in 2022 go by without these inspirational church anniversary messages. You already know how important this day is and these messages will make this day sparkle in the minds of those they are delivered to.
Use these messages as you please. Get inspired with these inspirational church anniversary messages and make this church anniversary an anniversary to always remember.
You should also check out Inspirational prayers for church leaders. Your church’s leaders need these prayers as you celebrate your church’s anniversary.
How To Pray For Church Anniversary
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100 (ESV)
Father in Heaven,
You are truly worthy of all praise and thanksgiving.
We praise you for who you are, the God and Creator of the universe, the loving God who created each one of us and who knows each one of us intimately.
We thank you for the fact that you love us so much that you sent your only Son to die as a sacrifice to rescue us from eternal death and separation from you.
We thank you for this church and the vision that Wayne Anderson had to start this church 42 years ago.
We thank you and praise you for the many blessings you have poured out on this church in the past 40 years of existence, and pray for many more in the 40.
We thank you for the leadership of this church, both past and present, for the pastors, the elders, and the many other board members, staff, and Sunday School leaders and teachers.
We especially thank you that this church has remained faithful in teaching and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We thank you for the many things you have taught and conveyed to us through your Word, and for the many answered prayers.
We thank you for the many people and relationships that you have brought to us through the ministries and mission of this church over the years.
We thank you for the missionaries that we support and have sent out from this body of believers.
Father, we know that over the past 40 years you have indeed blessed this congregation in many ways, and for this we continually praise and thank you.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.