When you dream about someone quotes – Dreams are an inner experience, the gateway to our unconscious. Its images and symbols often appear in today’s daily life, especially in stressful situations or when we face important decisions.
Dreaming about someone is a statement about the state of your subconscious mind. In the dream state your mind is totally disconnected from your physical body, so it can bring you into other dimensions of the universe and open your eyes to worlds that are hard to comprehend. Dreaming about friends and family members is always a difficult task because personal feelings and emotions can affect the interpretation of the dream, so in order to help you to understand this process better, I’ll provide you with some when you dream about somebody quotes that will give you an insight into what could have happened during your dream.
When you dream about someone, you are dreaming about your hopes, fears and unfulfilled wishes about them. When you dream about a family member or friend, a relationship is often the focus of the dream. Common themes in dreams about friends or family members include love, sharing emotions with one another, or being separated from one another. Dreams can also take a more symbolic approach and use a character to represent some aspect of your own personality.
When you dream about someone, it’s a sign that you’re thinking about them. The dreams might be pleasant or unpleasant, but in either case, they mean that the person on your mind is important to you.
Dreams about someone who’s been in your life for a long time are more likely to be positive than dreams about someone you’ve just met. Dreams of people from the past often have a nostalgic feel to them; they make us feel good because we remember when things were better than they are now.
When you constantly dream about someone who has recently left your life, it can be a sign that you miss them and wish things could be different between the two of you. If this happens frequently, consider contacting the person in real life and talking through what happened between the two of you. A conversation can help clear away any lingering doubts or confusion so that both parties can move on with their lives without feeling anxious or guilty about what happened between them previously – or what didn’t happen!
Best Dream Quotes About Life, Love and the Future
Think you’ve got true grit? Shine on with these determination quotes to ignite your fire within!
Looking for thought-provoking dream quotes about your waking life?
The study of dreams has long been a fascination for many.
People often wake up puzzled by what they have dreamt.
Some want to search for the meaning of what ran through their mind.
As bizarre as some of the images and themes may seem, dreams are our subconscious way of working through things that are troubling us, or that are unsettled, while we sleep.
Dreams have been studied by so many individuals for years.
Many books have been written explaining the symbolism found in them.
While there is some discrepancy or multiple meanings for some of the dream symbols, most remain consistent.
Understanding them can help an individual see the bigger picture and find greater meaning in their dreams.
In this respect, here are some dream quotes, dream sayings, and dream proverbs from some of the great – and surprising minds – of our time. Read them to understand more about your dreams and the nature of your reality.
We also have a collection of inspirational good night quotes to put you in the right place before you sleep. Be sure to read that as well.
Dream quotes to help you interpret your dreams and waking life better
1. “No one has ever achieved greatness without dreams.” – Roy T. Bennett
2. “All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe
3. “Dreams are illustrations…from the book your soul is writing about you.” – Marsha Norman
4. “A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.” – Charlotte Brontë
5. “In a dream you are never eighty.” – Anne Sexton
6. “Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “The Future Belongs To Those Who Believe In The Beauty Of Their Dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy.”- Sigmund Freud
9. “Yet it is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top.”- Virginia Woolf
10. “It’s difficult to follow your dream. It’s a tragedy not to.” – Ralph Marston
11. “All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams.”- Elias Canetti
12. “For often, when one is asleep, there is something in consciousness which declares that what then presents itself is but a dream.”- Aristotle
13. “Dreams are more real than reality itself, they’re closer to the self.”- Gao Xingjian
14. “The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind.”- Sigmund Freud
15. “Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?”- Alfred Lord Tennyson
16. “In sleep, fantasy takes the form of dreams. But in waking life, too, we continue to dream beneath the threshold of consciousness, especially when under the influence of repressed or other unconscious complexes.”- Carl Jung
17. “A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read.”- The Talmud
18. “I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake.”- René Descartes
Also, check out our list of The Secret quotes that will inspire you to manifest your dreams.
Dream quotes about the nature of our reality
19. “Your world is not real!”- Inception, 2010 film
20. “Every dream that anyone ever has is theirs alone and they never manage to share it. And they never manage to remember it either. Not truly or accurately. Not as it was. Our memories and our vocabularies aren’t up to the job.”- Alex Garland
21. “Dreams are excursions into the limbo of things, a semi-deliverance from the human prison.”- Henri Amiel
22. “Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.”- Clifton Fadiman
23. “Sleep… Oh! How I loathe those little slices of death.”- Author unknown
24. “Huge and mighty forms that do not live like living men, moved slowly through the mind by day and were trouble to my dreams.”- William Wordsworth
25. “Dreams say what they mean, but they don’t say it in daytime language.”- Gail Godwin
26. “The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don’t know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”- James Arthur Baldwin
27. “Recall the old story of the rather refined young man who preferred sex dreams to visiting brothels because he met a much nicer type of girl that way.”- Vivian Mercer
28. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can play together all night.”- Bill Watterson
29. “There’s a long, long trail a-winding into the land of my dreams.”- Stoddard King, Jr.
30. “One can write, think, and pray exclusively of others; dreams are all egocentric.”- Evelyn Waugh
31. “Our dreams disturb us because they refuse to pander to our fondest notions of ourselves. The closer one looks, the more they seem to insist upon a challenging proposition: You must live truthfully. Right now. And always. Few forces in life present, with an equal sense of inevitability, the bare-knuckle facts of who we are, and the demands of what we might become.”- Marc Ian Barasch
32. “Dreams feel real while we’re in them. It’s only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.”- Inception, 2010 film
33. “In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.”- Steven Kloves
34. “I’ll take the dream I had last night, And put it in my freezer, So someday long and far away, When I’m an old grey greezer, I’ll take it out and thaw it out, This lovely dream I’ve frozen, And boil it up and sit me down And dip my old cold toes in.”- Shel Silverstein
35. “Even the loveliest dream bears like a blemish its difference from reality, the awareness that what it grants is mere illusion.”- Theodor Wiesengrund Adorno
Don’t forget to also read these insightful reality quotes that will inspire you to live your best life.
Beautiful Dream Quotes for You
36. “The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.”- Ashleigh Brilliant
37. “I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams…. Man… is above all the plaything of his memory.”- Andre Breton
38. “A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul.”- Erich Fromm
39. “Even thus last night, and two nights more I lay, And could not win thee, Sleep, by any stealth: So do not let me wear to-night away. Without thee what is all the morning’s wealth? Come, blessed barrier between day and day, Dear mother of fresh thoughts and joyous health!”- William Wordsworth
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
40. “We are not only less reasonable and less decent in our dreams… we are also more intelligent, wiser, and capable of better judgment when we are asleep than when we are awake.”- Erich Fromm