“Prayer to the Blessed Virgin” holds a significant place in Christian worship and devotion, finding its roots in both biblical verses and inspiring stories throughout the ages. This prayer, which seeks intercession and guidance from the Blessed Virgin Mary, beseeches her to intercede on behalf of humanity, offering supplication and praise to her as the Mother of God.
One biblical verse that highlights the significance of Mary’s role is found in the Gospel of Luke (1:28), where the angel Gabriel greets Mary, saying, “Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you.” This encounter shows the divine
Prayer To The Blessed Virgin
In times of sorrow, distress, and hope, believers of the Catholic faith turn to the Blessed Virgin Mary, seeking comfort, guidance, and intercession. The profound love and esteem for the mother of Jesus stems from her unique role in salvation history as the chosen vessel through whom God became incarnate. Drawing inspiration from the Holy Scriptures, we find solace in the words of Psalm 34:18, which assures us that “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” As we approach the Blessed Virgin Mary in prayer, we unite ourselves with her unfailing devotion, imploring her to intercede for us and present our intentions to her divine Son.
A Prayer of Consolation:
- Almighty and compassionate Virgin Mary, who stood steadfast at the foot of the cross, sharing in the anguish of your beloved Son’s sacrifice, comfort us, we pray, in our moments of sorrow and loss. Help us to find solace and strength in your maternal embrace, as we recall the words of Isaiah 41:10, which remind us that “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Bless us with your motherly intercession, that we may find healing and peace through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
1. A Devotion to Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. (Luke 1:28)
2. Seeking Intercession from the Blessed Mother:
Mother Mary, we humbly ask for your intercession. Please pray for us to your Son, that He may grant us the grace and strength we need in our daily lives. We entrust our prayers and intentions to your loving heart, knowing that you always intercede for your children. (John 2:3-5)
3. Pleading to Our Lady for Help:
O Most Pure Virgin Mary, we come before you in our times of need. We seek your help and guidance, knowing that you are a loving and compassionate Mother. Please intercede for us, pray for us, and present our petitions to your Son, that He may shower us with His blessings and answer our prayers. (John 19:26-27)
4. Reaching out to the Holy Virgin:
Holy Virgin Mary, we approach you with open hearts and humble souls. We seek your motherly love and protection, knowing that you are always ready to embrace us and lead us closer to your Son. Please guide us in our journey of faith, and help us to live according to God’s will. (Luke 11:27-28)
5. Petitioning the Blessed Mother:
Blessed Mother Mary, we turn to you in our times of trouble and uncertainty. Please listen to our heartfelt prayers and intercede for us before your Son. We place our hopes, dreams, and struggles into your caring hands, knowing that you will bring them to the attention of Jesus. Help us to trust in God’s plan for our lives and grant us the strength to persevere. (Matthew 7:7-8)
(Note: The remaining paragraphs will follow the same pattern of providing a prayer related to each specific heading and referencing an appropriate Bible verse.)
2. Seeking Intercession from the Blessed Mother
Prayer: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. (Luke 1:28)
Prayer Point: Dear Mother Mary, we humbly seek your intercession in our time of need. We implore your powerful prayers before the throne of God, as we believe in your special closeness to Him. Please pray for us, that our intentions and desires may be fulfilled according to God’s will. Help us to grow in faith and deepen our relationship with your Son, Jesus Christ. (John 19:26-27)
Forget not, O Virgin Mother, that thou can never be surpassed in any act of charity, known or unknown, up to the present day, either in heaven or earth. Consolation and protection are reported tropes of all them that have recourse to thee. And he that finds during his life on earth what consolation, what shelter, and what mercy he hoped, the same he attains who have recourse to thee, who is no lake of grace but really the universal procurer of the totality of mercy for all of mankind. Amen. (John 2:1-11)
Prayer Point: Blessed Mother, you are the refuge of sinners and the comforter of the afflicted. We come to you in our trials and tribulations, seeking your maternal care and tender compassion. Please intercede on our behalf, that we may find solace and strength in our difficulties. Help us to persevere in faith and trust in God’s providence, knowing that you are always there to guide and protect us. (Luke 2:34-35)
3. Pleading to Our Lady for Help
1. Prayer: Hail Mary
Oh, Most Holy Virgin Mary, we humbly come before you to seek your intercession and ask for your help in our time of need. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. (Luke 1:28, Luke 1:42)
2. Prayer: Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen. (Sirach 24:24)
3. Prayer: Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen. (Revelation 12:1)
4. Prayer Point: Protection from Evil
We beseech you, dear Mother Mary, to shield us from all evil and protect us from the snares of the devil. Help us to resist temptation and guide us towards righteousness. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be preserved from all harm and be kept safe in the loving embrace of your Son, Jesus. (Matthew 6:13)
5. Prayer Point: Healing and Comfort
O Blessed Virgin Mary, hear our plea for the healing of our bodies, minds, and souls. Pour forth the grace of your Son upon us, that we may find Solace in our affliction and be restored to health. Comfort us in our pain and grant us the strength to endure. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may experience the healing touch of Jesus and be comforted in our time of need. (Isaiah 53:5)
6. Prayer Point: Guidance and Wisdom
Most Holy Mary, pray for us and guide us in our decisions and actions. Obtain for us the wisdom and discernment to know and do God’s will in all things. Help us to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and to follow the path that leads us closer to Jesus. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be led by your example and walk in the light of faith. (James 1:5)
7. Prayer Point: Forgiveness and Mercy
O Mother of Mercy, we turn to you in repentance and ask for your intercession in obtaining forgiveness for our sins. Help us to truly confess our wrongdoings and to amend our lives. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may experience the boundless mercy and love of Jesus and be restored to a state of grace. (1 John 1:9)
8. Prayer Point: Strengthening of Faith
Holy Virgin Mary, strengthen our faith and increase our trust in God’s providence. Help us to persevere in times of doubt and to surrender our lives to
4. Reaching out to the Holy Virgin
Prayer 1: ”Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.” (Luke 1:28)
Prayer 2: “Mary, Queen of Heaven, intercede for us before your Son, Jesus Christ. We humbly beseech you to bring our petitions and needs before the throne of God, that He may hear and answer our prayers. Guide us in the path of righteousness, and protect us with your loving care. Amen.” (Revelation 12:1)
Prayer 3: “O Holy Virgin, we turn to you in our times of distress, seeking your motherly intercession. Please present our pleas to your Son, that He may have mercy on us and help us in our time of need. Grant us the strength to face our challenges and the grace to persevere in faith. Amen.” (John 2:3)
Prayer 4: “Mary, Mother of Mercy, we come before you in our weakness and brokenness, asking for your maternal assistance. Please intercede for us before your Son, that He may forgive our sins and grant us His mercy and healing. Help us to grow in love for Him and for one another. Amen.” (John 19:26-27)
Prayer 5: “Blessed Virgin Mary, we seek your guidance and protection in our lives. Lead us closer to Jesus, that we may follow His teachings and walk in His ways. Shield us from all evil and keep us safe under your mantle. Help us to grow in holiness and reach the heavenly glory. Amen.” (Luke 1:45)
Prayer 6: “Mary, Star of the Sea, we invoke your grace and presence in our lives. Please guide us through the storms of life, that we may reach the shore of salvation. Intercede for us in our joys and sorrows, and help us to trust in God’s providence. May your light shine upon our path, leading us to eternal bliss. Amen.” (Matthew 2:9-10)
Prayer 7: “O Most Holy Virgin Mary, we implore your assistance in our trials and tribulations. Please be our advocate before God, and obtain for Us the graces we need to overcome our challenges. Help us to stay faithful to God’s will and to trust in His plan for our lives. May your prayers and intercession bring us peace and strength. Amen.” (1 Timothy 2:5)
5. Petitioning the Blessed Mother
In times of need, we can turn to the Blessed Mother for her intercession and assistance. Through heartfelt prayers, we can express our petitions and ask for Mary’s guidance, protection, and grace. Let us now offer our intentions to the Virgin Mary, trusting in her maternal love and compassion.
1. Prayer for healing: Blessed Mother, we come before you with heavy hearts, seeking your intercession for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. Please pray for those who are suffering from illnesses, injuries, and afflictions. May your gentle touch bring comfort and relief to them. “And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up.” (James 5:15)
2. Prayer for peace: Holy Virgin, in a world filled with turmoil and strife, we implore you to intercede for peace and harmony among nations, communities, and families. Guide us in promoting understanding, forgiveness, and reconciliation. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9)
3. Prayer for guidance: Mother Mary, we humbly ask for your guidance in making important decisions in our lives. Help us discern God’s will and follow the path that leads us closer to Him. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
4. Prayer for protection: Blessed Mother, we seek your protection against all forms of danger, harm, and evil. Shield us with your loving embrace and defend us in times of spiritual and physical battles. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
5. Prayer for reconciliation: Holy Virgin, we pray for healing and reconciliation in broken relationships. Please intercede for us, that hearts may be softened, forgiveness may be granted, and love may be restored. “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
As we present our petitions to the Blessed Mother, let us always remember that she is a loving mother who cares for each of her children. Through her prayers and intercession, she leads us closer to her Son, Jesus Christ. May our hearts be Open to receive her guidance and may we trust in her maternal love to intercede for us in our times of need. Amen.
6. Invoking Mary’s Grace through Prayer
Prayer 1: Hail Mary
One of the most classic prayers to invoke Mary’s grace is the Hail Mary. This prayer acknowledges Mary as “full of grace” and asks for her intercession. It is a beautiful way to honor the blessed mother and seek her help in our lives. “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus” (Luke 1:28).
Prayer 2: Memorare
The Memorare is another powerful prayer that calls upon Mary for her assistance. It expresses our trust in her maternal care and asks for her advocacy in our time of need. This prayer portrays a deep and sincere plea for Mary’s intercession, acknowledging her as our mother and refuge. “Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided” (Unknown).
Prayer 3: Rosary
The rosary is a traditional Catholic prayer that combines vocal and meditative prayer. It is composed of repetitive prayers, including the Hail Mary and the Our Father, while meditating on the mysteries of Christ’s life. By reciting the rosary, we can enter into a deeper communion with Mary and invoke her grace in our lives. “But Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart” (Luke 2:19).
Prayer 4: Novena to Our Lady
A novena is a prayer that is said over a period of nine days, often asking for a specific intention. Praying a novena to Our Lady is a beautiful way to invoke her grace and seek her help. During the novena, we can meditate on Mary’s virtues and entrust our needs to her loving care. “All generations will call me blessed” (Luke 1:48).
Prayer 5: Prayer of Surrender to Mary
In times of difficulty or uncertainty, we can surrender ourselves and our intentions to Mary. By entrusting our needs to her, we demonstrate our faith and rely on her maternal intercession. This prayer acknowledges Mary as our advocate and places our trust in her guidance and protection. “Do whatever he tells you” (John 2:5).
Prayer 6: Angelus
The Angelus is a devotion that honors the Incarnation of Jesus and calls upon Mary’s intercession. It is traditionally said at 6 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m. and consists of reciting the Angelus prayer followed by the Hail Mary and the Glory Be. By praying the Angelus, we join with Mary in proclaiming the good news of the Lord’s coming and seek her help in living out our faith. “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38).
These prayers to invoke Mary’s grace are powerful ways to seek her intercession and invite her presence into our lives. As the mother of Jesus and our spiritual mother, Mary is always ready to assist us in our needs and draw us closer to her Son. By praying these prayers with trust and devotion, we can experience the abundant grace and blessings that Mary graciously provides.
7. Implore the Blessed Virgin Mary for Assistance
In times of difficulty and uncertainty, turning to the Blessed Virgin Mary for assistance can bring us comfort and hope. Through her powerful intercession, we can find solace and strength in our daily struggles. Let us implore the Blessed Mother with heartfelt prayers, knowing that she always listens and intercedes for her children.
Prayer 1: “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.” (Luke 1:28)
Prayer 2: “O Virgin Mary, most powerful Mother of Mercy, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succor me in this necessity. There are none that can withstand your power. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.” (Psalm 56:9)
Prayer 3: “Mother Mary, I come before you seeking your loving intercession. Please help me overcome the challenges I face and guide me on the right path. I entrust my worries and fears to your maternal embrace, knowing that you will lead me closer to your Son, Jesus.” (John 19:26-27)
Prayer 4: “Mary, Mother of Grace, I turn to you in my time of need. Strengthen me with your love and grant me the courage to face life’s trials. Pour out your abundant blessings upon me, so that I may experience peace, healing, and divine protection.” (Psalm 31:2)
Prayer 5: “Dear Blessed Mother, I kneel before you in humility, asking for your tender care and guidance. Help me to grow in faith, hope, and love, and to be a light to those around me. Lead me closer to your Son and teach me to trust in His divine providence.” (Luke 2:35)
With each prayer, we invite the Blessed Virgin Mary into our hearts and lives, knowing that she is a mother who never fails to help and comfort those who seek her intercession. Let us trust in her maternal love and seek her assistance in every aspect of our lives, knowing that she is always ready to take our petitions to her Son, Jesus.
Remember, when we imp Lore the Blessed Virgin Mary for assistance, it is important to approach her with humility, sincerity, and trust. She is always ready to listen to our prayers and intercede for us, but we must also be open to God’s will and be willing to accept His plan for our lives. Through the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Mother, we can find comfort, guidance, and strength to face the challenges that come our way. Therefore, let us turn to her with faith and devotion, knowing that she will lead us closer to her Son, Jesus, and help us in our time of need.
8. Communing with Our Lady in Prayer
1. A Devotion to Mary: Let us begin by acknowledging our devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus. Through prayer, we honor her and seek to deepen our relationship with her. We pray that she may intercede for us before her Son, and that she may guide and inspire us in our spiritual journey. “Behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for the Mighty One has done great things for me” (Luke 1:48-49).
2. Seeking Intercession from the Blessed Mother: In our prayers, we humbly ask Mary to intercede on our behalf. We bring our intentions, worries, and desires to her, confident that she will present them to her Son. We ask her to pray for us and to obtain from Jesus the graces we need in our lives. “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” (James 5:16).
3. Pleading to Our Lady for Help: When we find ourselves in need, we turn to Mary with a heartfelt plea for assistance. We entrust our difficulties and challenges to her, knowing that she is our compassionate Mother who hears and responds to our cries for help. We ask her to be by our side and to guide us through life’s trials and tribulations. “We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us” (1 Corinthians 2:12).
4. Reaching out to the Holy Virgin: Through prayer, we reach out to the Holy Virgin, seeking her love, guidance, and protection. We pour out our hearts to her, knowing that she will listen with a tender and understanding heart. We ask her to embrace us as her children and to strengthen our faith. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26).
5. Petitioning the Blessed Mother: We bring our petitions and needs to the Blessed Mother, confident that she will present them to her Son. We ask her to show us the way, to intercede for our intentions, and to obtain from Jesus the graces we seek. We trust in her maternal love and Compassion, knowing that she desires only what is best for us. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7).
6. Adoring Our Lady: In prayer, we express our love and adoration for the Blessed Virgin Mary. We acknowledge her as the Mother of God and honor her role in our salvation. We praise her for her faith, humility, and obedience to God’s will. We thank her for her intercession and for being a source of inspiration and comfort in our lives. “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant” (Luke 1:46-48).
7. Meditating on the Virtues of Mary: In prayer, we meditate on the virtues of the Blessed Virgin Mary, such as her faith, purity, humility, and love. We strive to imitate her example and to grow in these virtues ourselves. We ask for her guidance and assistance in becoming more like her Son. “Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts” (Colossians 3:16).
9. Entrusting Our Needs to the Virgin Mary
Prayer: Dear Blessed Mother, we come before you today to entrust our needs and desires to your loving care. We believe in your powerful intercession and we trust in your motherly love. Please take our prayers to your Son, Jesus, and present them to Him on our behalf. Help us to surrender our worries and concerns to you, knowing that you are always there for us. (Luke 1:46-55)
Prayer Point: We pray for physical healing, asking for your intercession to obtain the grace of health and well-being. We place before you our infirmities, illnesses, and pains, seeking your powerful intervention to restore us to fullness of health. Please bring relief to those suffering from chronic illnesses, disabilities, and mental health challenges. (James 5:14-15)
Prayer Point: We seek your guidance and wisdom in making important decisions in our lives. Help us to discern God’s will and to follow His path. Illuminate our minds and hearts with your maternal care, so that we may make choices that honor and please Him. We trust that you will intercede for us and obtain for us the clarity and peace we seek. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Prayer Point: We implore your assistance in our financial struggles. Many of us are burdened with debts, job instability, or lack of resources. We ask you to intercede for us and to obtain from your Son the blessings of financial stability and provision. Help us to trust in God’s providence and to manage our resources wisely. (Matthew 6:25-34)
Prayer Point: We entrust our families to your loving care, dear Mother. Please intercede for our loved ones, especially those who are far from God or experiencing brokenness in their lives. Bring healing to broken relationships, restore unity, and guide us in nurturing strong and loving families. (Joshua 24:15)
Prayer Point: We pray for the conversion of sinners and for the salvation of souls. Help us to evangelize with love and to bring others closer to Jesus. Obtain for us the grace to be effective instruments of God’s mercy and to witness to His love through our words and actions. (Matthew 28:19-20)
Prayer Point: We ask for your protection, dear Mother, especially during times of turmoil and danger. Shield us from harm and Keep us safe from all evil. Surround us with your motherly love and care, and guide us on the path of righteousness. Help us to trust in God’s protection and to seek refuge in your loving embrace. (Psalm 91:4-5)
Prayer Point: Finally, we entrust our hopes and dreams to your intercession, dear Mother Mary. Help us to persevere in pursuing our goals and to trust in God’s perfect timing. We ask for your guidance and support in all our endeavors, so that we may fulfill our true purpose and live a life that brings glory to God. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Conclusion: Blessed Mother, we thank you for your constant love and care. We are confident that you will intercede for us and obtain for us the graces and blessings we seek. Help us to grow closer to Jesus and to always rely on your powerful intercession. We trust in your maternal love and guidance. Amen.
10. Seeking Guidance and Protection from Mary
1. A Devotion to Mary:
Dear Blessed Mother, I come before you in humble devotion, seeking your guidance and protection. You are the epitome of love and compassion, and I entrust my heart and soul to your care. Help me to grow closer to your Son, Jesus, and to live a life worthy of His love. Through your intercession, may I find strength and wisdom to navigate the challenges of this world. (Luke 1:28)
2. Seeking Intercession from the Blessed Mother:
Holy Mary, I beseech you to intercede for me before the throne of God. As the Mother of Mercy, you have the power to obtain grace and blessings on my behalf. I ask that you intercede for me in my time of need, and guide me towards making decisions that align with God’s will. Help me to trust in your motherly love and protection, knowing that you will always lead me closer to your Son. (John 2:5)
3. Pleading to Our Lady for Help:
Most Holy Virgin, I come to you with a humble heart, pleading for your assistance and guidance. You are a mother who understands the trials and tribulations of life, and I seek your guidance in my journey. Please show me the path that leads to Christ and protect me from the snares of the evil one. Help me to discern right from wrong, and to follow the example of your pure and obedient heart. (John 19:26-27)
4. Reaching out to the Holy Virgin:
O Mary, Mother of God, I reach out to you in moments of confusion and doubt, seeking your gentle touch and comforting presence. You are the advocate of sinners and the refuge of the afflicted, and I implore your assistance in times of trouble. Help me to surrender my fears and anxieties to you, knowing that you will intercede for me with your Son. (Genesis 3:15)
5. Petitioning the Blessed Mother:
Blessed Virgin Mary, I humbly petition you for guidance and protection. You are the mother of all believers, and I trust in your maternal love to shield me from harm. Please intercede for me before your Son, Jesus, and ask Him to grant me the strength and courage to face the challenges of life. Help me to walk in the light of His truth and to seek His will above all else. (Acts 1:14 )
6. Finding Refuge in Mary’s Arms:
O Virgin Mary, I seek your tender embrace and refuge in times of struggle and pain. You are the mother who understands my deepest sorrows and joys, and I trust in your loving care. Please help me to surrender my burdens to you and find solace in your compassionate heart. Through your intercession, may I find peace and healing amidst the storms of life. (Luke 2:35)
7. Entrusting my Life to Mary’s Protection:
Mother of God, I place my life and all that I hold dear into your loving hands. You are the protectress of the faithful and the stronghold against the enemy. Please shield me from harm, both spiritually and physically, and guide me along the path of righteousness. Help me to rely on your powerful intercession and to trust in your unfailing love. (Psalm 91:4)
8. Seeking Mary’s Help in Times of Temptation:
Mary, Mother of Purity, I turn to you in times of temptation and weakness. You are the model of virtue and chastity, and I ask for your guidance in resisting the allurements of sin. Strengthen me with your grace and teach me to follow your example of obedience to God’s will. Help me to overcome my weaknesses and to grow closer to your Son. (Matthew 4: