This prayer begins by acknowledging God as the ultimate source of love and wisdom, asking for His guidance in every aspect of the couple’s life. It seeks the divine intervention in resolving any conflicts or misunderstandings that may arise, emphasizing the importance of open and honest communication in maintaining a strong and healthy marriage.
The “Prayer For
Here is the truth that most people do not like to admit: marriage is hard. It is incredibly hard.
Spending forever with someone who is different from you is not quite a walk in the park. It has its ups and downs, its highs and lows.
There is disagreement, then agreement. There is breaking, then making.
Marriage is incredibly hard but when handled right, it is incredibly beautiful. This is why prayers for marriage matter.
Praying for your marriage is one of the most rewarding things you can do for your relationship.
If you make prayer a priority and not an option, then handling a lot of issues will be much easier.
I know first hand that prayer makes a marriage stronger. When I pray for my marriage, I gain clarity. I find peace. My faith in God is strengthened.
The place of prayer humbles me. It helps me let go and let God. It helps me speak life into my marriage.
Our marriages have an enemy. The enemy who wants to steal kill and destroy wants to devour your marriage.
The most powerful weapon you have is prayer.You can not fight a spiritual battle using physical tactics.
It is funny how easy it is to quarrel with your spouse, rather than ‘quarrel’ with God in the place of prayer.
Or how easy it is to complain to a friend or family member rather than ‘complain’ to God. Or how it is easy to worry about issues rather than pray about them.
What if we turned all the quarrels, complaints and worries into prayers?
I’ll encourage us to pray these prayers because prayers are powerful. Prayers make a difference.
Pray from a place of faith, not fear. If you are single, equally pray them for your would-be marriage.
Begin by asking God to forgive you for every sin then pray passionately.
1. Father, thank you for the spouse you have blessed me with.
“Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.” (James 1: 17, NLT)
“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NLT)
2. Father, help me to be forgiving and tolerant towards my husband/wife.
“Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” (Colossians 3:13, NLT)
3. Father, teach me to love my spouse unconditionally.
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” (I Corinthians 13:4-7)
4. Father, may my spouse fulfill your plan for his/her life.
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5, NLT)
5. May my spouse and I seek you first before any other thing.
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Matthew 6:33, NLT)
“But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15)
6. Teach us to depend on your power through every difficult moment we face together.
“I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him.” (Ephesians 1:19, NLT)
7. Lord help me bridle my tongue and not say hurtful things to my spouse.
“Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.” (Colossians 4;6, ESV)
Subscribe to Precious Core!
Get updates on the latest posts and more from Precious Core straight to your inbox.SUBSCRIBEI consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.
8. Lord help, my spouse and I to not yield to any temptation that may come our way.
“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NLT)
9. Lord, separate my spouse and me from every evil company.
“Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” (1 Corinthians 15:33, ESV)
10. May your peace reign in our home.
“Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:7, NLT)
How do I pray for my husband and marriage?
Praying for one’s husband and marriage is a beautiful and spiritually fulfilling practice that many individuals engage in. Marriage is a sacred covenant, and nurturing it through prayer can strengthen the bond between husband and wife. Whether you are newly married or have been together for years, here are some insights on how to pray for your husband and marriage.
Why Should You Pray for Your Husband and Marriage?
Praying for your husband and marriage is an act of love, devotion, and faith. It allows you to seek guidance, support, and blessings from a higher power, whether you follow a particular religious faith or have a more spiritual connection. Here are some reasons why praying for your husband and marriage is essential:
- Strengthening the Bond: Prayer can help strengthen the emotional and spiritual connection between you and your husband. It can foster understanding, empathy, and compassion in your relationship.
- Seeking Guidance: Marriage can be challenging, and seeking divine guidance through prayer can help you make important decisions and navigate difficult times more effectively.
- Cultivating Gratitude: Prayer is an opportunity to express gratitude for your spouse and the love you share. It reminds you of the blessings in your life and encourages a positive perspective.
- Spiritual Unity: Couples who pray together often experience a greater sense of spiritual unity. This shared experience can deepen your connection with your husband.
- Emotional Support: Praying for your husband allows you to send positive energy and love his way, providing emotional support during times of stress or difficulty.
What is the best prayer for your husband?
Choosing the best prayer for your husband depends on your personal beliefs and the specific needs and desires of your marriage. While there isn’t a single “best” prayer, there are several prayers that you can consider and adapt to your situation. Here are some examples of prayers for your husband:
- Prayer for Protection and Strength: “Dear Lord, I pray for my husband’s protection and strength. Please watch over him as he faces the challenges of life. Grant him the courage and wisdom to navigate each day with grace.”
- Prayer for Unity: “Heavenly Father, I pray for unity in our marriage. Help us to communicate openly and lovingly, to understand and support each other. May our love continue to grow stronger each day.”
- Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance: “Lord, grant my husband wisdom and guidance in his decisions. Help him choose the right path and make choices that honor our commitment to each other.”
- Prayer for Health: “God, please bless my husband with good health. Keep him safe from illness and give him the vitality to enjoy life to the fullest.”
- Prayer for Forgiveness and Healing: “Dear Lord, help us both to forgive each other for our shortcomings and mistakes. Grant us the ability to heal any wounds and build a stronger, more resilient marriage.”
Remember that the best prayer for your husband is one that comes from your heart and addresses the specific needs and desires of your relationship. Feel free to customize these prayers or create your own.
What is a short prayer for marriage?
Short prayers for marriage are a wonderful way to seek blessings and guidance for your relationship when you have limited time. These prayers are concise and can be used daily to maintain a strong and healthy marriage. Here’s a short marriage prayer:
“Dear God, bless our marriage with love, understanding, and patience. Help us grow together, support each other, and face life’s challenges as a united front. In your name, we pray for a lifetime of happiness together. Amen.”
This short prayer encapsulates the essential elements of a successful and happy marriage, including love, understanding, unity, and the ability to overcome challenges together.
What Bible verse can you use to pray for your husband?
Using Bible verses in your prayers can add a powerful and spiritual dimension to your request for your husband. There are several verses that you can incorporate into your prayers, and you can choose the one that resonates most with your intentions. Here are a few examples:
- Proverbs 18:22 (NIV): “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.” You can use this verse to pray for your husband, expressing your gratitude for the favor that God has bestowed upon your marriage.
- Ephesians 5:25 (NIV): “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” You can pray for your husband to be a loving and sacrificial partner, emulating the love of Christ in your marriage.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV): “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” You can pray for your husband to embody these qualities and for your marriage to be filled with this kind of love.
- Colossians 3:14 (NIV): “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” You can use this verse to pray for a deep and lasting unity in your marriage, where love is the binding force.
Incorporating these verses into your prayers can help you align your requests for your husband with the wisdom and guidance found in the Bible. It can also be a way to infuse your marriage with the spiritual principles that are important to you.
In conclusion, praying for your husband and marriage is a meaningful practice that can bring spiritual strength, guidance, and blessings to your relationship. There is no one-size-fits-all approach, so personalize your prayers to reflect your unique marriage and the values and beliefs that are important to you. Whether you use short prayers or incorporate Bible verses, the act of prayer can help you nurture and grow a loving and enduring marriage.