“Make My Life A Prayer To You Chords” is a beautiful song that resonates with the essence of devotion and surrender to God. The lyrics encapsulate a heartfelt yearning to align one’s entire being with the divine will and make every aspect of life an offering of prayer. Drawing inspiration from various Bible verses and stories, this song celebrates the transformative power of a life lived in deep connection with God.
The Bible is filled with stories of individuals who demonstrated an unwavering commitment to making their lives a prayer to God. One such example is found in the book of Psalms,
Make My Life A Prayer To You Chords: Seeking Guidance and Strength through Worship
In times of uncertainty and struggle, music has been a powerful medium for believers to express their devotion, offer their prayers, and find solace in the presence of God. One such beloved song in the Christian music repertoire is “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” With its simple yet profound lyrics and soul-stirring melody, it serves as a heartfelt plea to make one’s life a continual offering and prayer to the Lord. Drawing inspiration from various Bible verses, this article explores the meaningful chord progression of this worship anthem and delves into the prayer points it encompasses.
“Make My Life A Prayer To You” is an emotional invitation to surrender every aspect of our lives to God, just as Jesus taught us in Matthew 6:10, “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” The song’s opening chords echo a longing for a life that glorifies God in all we do. As we lift our voices, we are reminded of the psalmist’s words in Psalm 19:14, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
– Chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Prayer Point 1: Surrendering Our Lives to God
Dear Lord, I pray that you will help us to surrender our lives completely to you. May we let go of our own desires, ambitions, and plans, and instead, submit to your will for our lives. Teach us to trust you wholeheartedly and to surrender each and every area of our lives to you. As we sing the beautiful words of “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” may it be a sincere declaration of our surrender and submission to you.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6:33 (NIV)
Prayer Point 2: Offering Our Daily Actions as Prayers
Lord, we ask that you transform our daily actions into prayers. Help us to live in such a way that every thought, word, and deed is an offering to you. May our lives be a constant prayer, bringing glory to your name and reflecting your love and grace to those around us. Use this song, “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” to remind us of the importance and power of offering our lives as a sacrifice of worship to you.
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.” - Romans 12:1 (NIV)
– Guitar chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we come before you today and make our lives a prayer to you. We surrender ourselves completely, asking that you guide our every step and decision. Help us to live a life that is pleasing to you and to bring glory to your name. Fill us with your Holy Spirit so that we may walk in your ways and carry out your will. (Galatians 2:20)
Prayer Point: Lord, help us to trust in your timing and plans for our lives. Sometimes, we may become impatient or discouraged when things don’t go according to our own plans. Remind us that you have a purpose for everything and that your timing is perfect. Teach us to wait on you and to seek your will in all things. (Psalm 27:14)
Prayer: Father, we lift our voices in praise and adoration to you. We thank you for the gift of music and for the ability to worship you through song. As we play “Make My Life A Prayer To You” on guitar, may our hearts be filled with joy and gratitude. Help us to focus on the lyrics and the message behind the song, allowing it to stir our spirits and draw us closer to you. (Psalm 95:1-2)
Prayer Point: Lord, as we strum the chords of this song, we pray for a heart of surrender and obedience. May our lives truly be a reflection of our love for you and our desire to serve you. Teach us to prioritize our relationship with you above all else and to seek your will in everything we do. (Romans 12:1-2)
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we thank you for the chord progression of “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” As we learn and master this song, may it remind us of the importance of prayer in our lives. Help us to set aside time each day to communicate with you, knowing that you long to hear from us and that you always listen. Strengthen our faith as we trust in your promises and experience the power of prayer. (James 5:16)
Prayer Point: Lord, teach us to pray with boldness And confidence, knowing that you are a God who hears and answers. Help us to approach you with faith, believing that you are able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. Guide us in our prayer life, showing us how to align our desires with your will and to pray for your kingdom to come and your will to be done. (Matthew 7:7-8)
– Learn the chords to “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
When learning the chords to “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” it is important to also explore the prayers and prayer points that are related to this beautiful song. Here are a couple of prayers and their corresponding bible verses that can guide us as we seek to make our lives a prayer to God.
1. Prayer for Surrender: Dear Lord, I surrender my life to You completely. Help me to let go of my own desires and ambitions, and to align my will with Yours. May every aspect of my life be an offering of worship to You. As Romans 12:1 says, “I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.”
2. Prayer for Guidance: Heavenly Father, guide me in every decision I make, in every step I take. Help me to discern Your will and to follow Your lead. Let my words, actions, and choices reflect Your glory and draw others closer to You. As Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us, ”Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
By incorporating these prayers and the corresponding bible verses into our journey of learning the chords to “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” we not only deepen our understanding of the song but also deepen our connection with God. Let us strive to make our lives a prayer, constantly seeking His presence and surrendering to His will.
– Playing “Make My Life A Prayer To You” on guitar: chords
Playing “Make My Life A Prayer To You” on guitar can be a powerful way to connect with God through music. This beautiful song, written by Keith Green, is a heartfelt prayer that expresses a desire to live a life that is focused on worshiping and serving God. As you learn and play the chords to this song, let your heart be filled with these prayers and prayer points:
1. Prayer for surrender: As we play this song, may we surrender our lives completely to God, making every aspect of our lives a prayer to Him. Help us to let go of our own desires and plans, and submit to His will (Romans 12:1-2).
2. Prayer for a worshipful heart: Lord, as we strum these chords and sing these lyrics, we pray that our hearts would be filled with a deep sense of reverence for You. May our worship be genuine and pleasing to You (Psalm 95:6-7).
3. Prayer for a life of service: Father, help us to be instruments of Your love and grace in this world. May our lives be a testimony of your goodness and may we bring glory to Your name through our actions and words (Matthew 5:16).
4. Prayer for a humble spirit: Lord, as we master these chords and become skilled guitarists, keep us humble. Remind us that it is not about our talents or abilities, but about bringing honor to Your name (Philippians 2:3-4).
5. Prayer for perseverance: Learning and mastering the chords for this song may be challenging at times, but Lord, help us to persevere. Give us the determination to press on, knowing that through music, we can touch hearts and draw people closer to You (James 1:12).
6. Prayer for God’s presence: Father, as we play these chords and sing these words, we pray for Your presence to surround us. May Your Spirit fill this place and inspire us to worship You with our whole being (Psalm 16:11).
Remember, as you play “Make My Life A Prayer To You” on Guitar, it is not just about the skill or technique, but about the intention and heart behind the music. Let every strum and every note be a sincere offering of worship to God. May this song be a vessel through which you can connect with God and experience His presence in a powerful way. Play it with passion and devotion, and let it become a prayer that transforms your life.
– Chord progression for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Prayer: Lord, as I learn the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” I pray that my life will truly become a prayer to You. Help me to live a life that is constantly in communion with You, seeking Your guidance and wisdom in every decision and situation. Allow my actions and words to reflect Your love and grace, drawing others closer to You. (Romans 12:1-2)
– Grant me the gift of patience and perseverance as I strive to master the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” Help me to overcome any frustrations or challenges that may arise during the learning process. Enable me to stay focused and determined, knowing that with Your help, I can achieve anything. (Philippians 4:13)
– Fill my heart with a deep desire to worship and praise You through this song. As I strum the guitar chords for ”Make My Life A Prayer To You,” may my heart be filled with gratitude for all that You have done in my life. Let my worship be genuine and wholehearted, bringing joy to Your presence. (Psalm 95:1-2)
- Use this song as a tool for ministry and outreach. Open doors for me to share this beautiful message of surrender and devotion with others. Whether it be through leading worship or sharing the song in a personal setting, may it touch the hearts of those who hear it and bring them closer to You. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Help me to not just memorize the chords, but to truly understand the meaning and depth of the lyrics. Guide me in meditating on the words of “Make My Life A Prayer To You” and applying them to my daily life. Let this song be a reminder to surrender everything to You and to live a life that is fully dedicated to Your purposes. (Colossians 3:16)
– Give me opportunities to use this song to intercede for others. As I strum the chords, prompt me to connect with Your heart for those in need, lifting up prayers on their behalf. Use ”Make My Life A Prayer To You “Make My Life A Prayer To You” as a conduit for Your love and healing in their lives. (James 5:16)
– Increase my skill and talent in playing the guitar and mastering the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” Help me to continually grow and improve in my musical abilities, so that I can use this song to glorify You and lead others into a deeper relationship with You. (Ephesians 5:19)
- Protect and guide me as I practice and perform this song. Surround me with Your presence and peace, allowing me to fully focus on worshiping You through music. Keep me safe from distractions and any harm that may come my way. (Psalm 138:7)
– Bless all those who will listen to ”Make My Life A Prayer To You.” Open their hearts and minds to receive the message and inspiration behind the song. May it resonate with them and prompt them to seek a closer relationship with You, surrendering their lives fully to Your will. (John 4:23)
– Thank You, Lord, for the privilege of being able to use music to worship and honor You. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and play “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” May it be a constant reminder of Your faithfulness and a catalyst for personal and spiritual growth in my life. (Psalm 33:3)
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
– Mastering the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Mastering the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You” is an essential step towards being able to play this heartfelt song on the guitar. As you begin your journey to learn the chords, it is important to approach it with a heart of prayer. Let us lift up our prayers and seek guidance as we embark on this musical endeavor.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we come before you with grateful hearts, acknowledging that you are the giver of all talents, including the ability to play music. We humbly ask for your guidance and wisdom as we learn and master the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You.” Help us to understand the purpose of this song and to use it as a medium to express our devotion and surrender to you. “I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.” (Psalm 86:12)
Prayer Point: Lord, grant us patience and perseverance as we navigate through the chords and chord progressions of ”Make My Life A Prayer To You.” May we not be discouraged by initial challenges but instead find joy in the process of learning, knowing that every step we take brings us closer to being able to worship you through this song. Fill our hearts with the desire to continually practice and improve, so that the music we create may bring you glory and draw others closer to you. “Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” (Psalm 33:3)
Remember, the journey of mastering the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You” is not just about honing our musical skills, but also about deepening our connection with God. So, as we delve into the chords and strumming patterns, let us also take time to reflect on the lyrics and allow them to inspire and transform our lives. Keep striving, keep praying, and may your worship through music be a sweet offering to the Lord.
- Easy guitar chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Are you looking to learn the easy guitar chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”? Well, you’ve come to the right place! This beloved Christian worship song, originally written and performed by Keith Green, is a beautiful expression of surrender and devotion to God. By learning the chords to this song, you will be able to lead others in heartfelt worship and connect with God in a deeper way.
Let’s dive into the easy guitar chords for ”Make My Life A Prayer To You”. The main chords used in this song are G, C, D, and Em. These simple open chords are perfect for beginners and can be easily mastered with a little practice. Start by placing your fingers on the right frets and strumming each chord in rhythm with the song. As you strum, let the beautiful lyrics and melody guide you into a place of prayer and worship.
In the first verse and chorus, we can start by playing the G chord. This chord represents our desire to make our lives a prayer to God. As we sing, we can pray, “Make my life a prayer to You, I want to do what You want me to.” This prayer is inspired by the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:10, where He teaches us to pray, “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” By surrendering our lives to God and seeking to do His will, we are aligning ourselves with His kingdom and living a life of prayer.
- Accurate chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Accurate chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”:
When it comes to accurately playing the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” we must first understand the lyrics and the message behind the song. This beautiful worship song, written by Keith Green, focuses on surrendering our lives to God and making our lives a constant prayer to Him. The chords for this song perfectly reflect the heartfelt surrender and devotion that should be present in our prayers.
As we play the chords to “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” let us begin by praying for a heart of surrender. May we truly desire to make our lives a prayer, humbling ourselves before God and acknowledging His sovereignty. Let us pray for His guidance and strength to continually seek His will in every aspect of our lives. “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground” (Psalm 143:10).
Next, we can pray for a deeper intimacy with God as we strum the chords. May we long for a closer relationship with Him and for our lives to reflect His love and grace. Let us pray for a spirit of obedience, so that our prayers are not just words, but a reflection of a surrendered and transformed life. “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).
Playing “Make My Life A Prayer To You” on the guitar is not just about hitting the right chords, but about pouring out our hearts to God through music. Let us use these chords as a tool to express our adoration, surrender, and desire for Christ to be the center of our lives. As we play, let our prayers be sincere and let our worship be an offering of love to the One who deserves it all.
– Chord chart for “Make My Life A Prayer To You”
Prayer: Heavenly Father, as I learn and master the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” I pray that this song will truly be a reflection of my heart’s desire to make my life a prayer to You. Help me to surrender every aspect of my life to You, allowing You to guide and lead me in all that I do. May my thoughts, words, and actions be pleasing in Your sight, as I seek to honor and glorify You. (Psalm 19:14)
1. Surrendering my will: Lord, I surrender my desires, plans, and ambitions to You. Teach me to trust in Your perfect will and to seek after Your wisdom and guidance in all decisions I make. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, that I may walk in step with You and live a life pleasing to You. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
2. Living a life of worship: Father, I desire for my life to be a continuous act of worship unto You. Help me to cultivate a heart of gratitude and praise, that I may honor You with my thoughts, words, and deeds. May my life be a testimony of Your goodness and grace. (Romans 12:1-2)
3. Serving others selflessly: Lord, teach me to love others as You have loved me. Help me to be a vessel of Your love and compassion, reaching out to those in need and demonstrating Your love through acts of kindness and service. Give me a heart that seeks to bless others and point them to You. (Matthew 25:35-36)
4. Seeking intimacy with God: Father, draw me closer to You each day. Help me to prioritize spending time in Your presence, studying Your Word, and seeking Your face. May my relationship with You be the foundation of my life, empowering me to live a life that is pleasing to You. (James 4:8)
As I learn and play the chords for “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” I am reminded that my life is a gift from You, and it is my desire to give it back to You as An offering of worship. Lord, help me to remember that every note I play and every word I sing is an opportunity to glorify You and draw others closer to You.
5. Trusting in God’s faithfulness: Heavenly Father, I trust in Your faithfulness and Your promises. Help me to rely on Your strength and provision, knowing that You will never leave me nor forsake me. Remind me of Your unfailing love and faithfulness, especially in times of doubt or uncertainty. (Psalm 37:5)
6. Seeking God’s will in all things: Lord, guide my steps and direct my path. Give me discernment to know Your will and the courage to follow it. Help me to align my desires and ambitions with Your plans and purposes. May Your will be done in my life, Lord. (Proverbs 16:9)
7. Embracing a spirit of humility: Father, keep me humble before You and others. Guard me against pride, selfishness, and a desire for recognition. Help me to serve with humility, always pointing others to You and acknowledging that everything I am and everything I have is because of Your grace. (Philippians 2:3-4)
8. Growing in faith and spiritual maturity: Lord, I desire to continually grow in my faith and deepen my relationship with You. Help me to be obedient to Your Word, to grow in wisdom and understanding, and to be transformed by Your Spirit. Strengthen me to persevere through trials and challenges, knowing that You are with me every step of the way. (James 1:3-4)
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the privilege of making my life a prayer to You. May this song
– Strumming pattern and chords for ”Make My Life A Prayer To You
Strumming Pattern: For “Make My Life A Prayer To You,” the strumming pattern is relatively simple and consistent throughout the song. It follows a basic down-up pattern with the accent on the downbeat. The strumming pattern can be notated as follows:
D D D U D U
Chords: The chords used in “Make My Life A Prayer To You” are beginner-friendly and easy to play. Here are the chords you will need:
– G: This chord is played with three fingers pressed on the 2nd and 3rd frets of the 6th and 2nd strings while leaving the other strings open.
– C: This chord is played by pressing down the 1st fret of the 2nd string and the 2nd fret of the 4th string.
– D: This chord is played by pressing down the 2nd fret of the 3rd string, 2nd fret of the 1st string, and leaving the other strings open.
- Em: This chord is played by pressing down the 2nd fret of the 5th and 4th strings, leaving the other strings open.
Prayer 1: Heavenly Father, I come before you today to offer my life as a prayer to you. Help me to surrender all that I am and all that I have to your perfect will. May every word I speak, every action I take, and every thought I think be a reflection of your love and grace. Guide me in aligning my life with your Word and living according to your divine purpose (Romans 12:1-2).
Prayer 2: Lord, teach me to walk in humility, seeking you above all else. May my life be a testimony to your faithfulness and goodness. Show me how to love others selflessly and to serve them with a humble heart. Grant me the wisdom to discern your will and the courage to follow where you lead. May my life bring glory and honor to your name (Micah 6:8).
Remember to practice the strumming pattern and chords Regularly to become comfortable with them. And most importantly, approach these prayers with a sincere and open heart, inviting God to mold and shape your life according to His will.