The Bible lays out a list of disciplines, or things that Godly men are supposed to do, which are listed below.
- worship God regularly and faithfully
- read the Bible daily
- pray constantly
- share the gospel with people who don’t know Jesus Christ as their savior
- study the Bible so that you understand it better
- go to church every week and participate actively in their services (sermons, singing, etc)
about Disciplines of a Godly Man
The disciplines of a Godly man are:
- He is to be humble and gentle.
- He is to be self-controlled and calm.
- He is to be wise and patient, not easily angered or provoked.
- He is to be peaceful and quiet, not quarrelsome or irritable or resentful of others’ success or good fortune.
- He is to be free from anything that would hinder his spiritual growth, such as greed and envy, sexual immorality, drunkenness, etc.; he must also avoid anything that could cause him to stumble spiritually (e.g., laziness).