Financial prosperity is a topic rarely mentioned in our Christian walk. Many could probably go their whole life without ever hearing anything about it. The seemingly absent topic is even more surprising when you consider the fact that godly men and women throughout the bible like King David, Abraham, and Daniel were obviously rich. How did they get there? What can we learn from them to become financially prosperous ourselves?
Right here on Churchgists, you are privy to a litany of relevant information on powerful psalms for financial blessings, prayer points for financial breakthrough with bible verses, healing and prosperity scriptures, and so much more. Take out time to visit our Website for more information on similar topics.
financial prosperity in the bible
God’s plan for prosperity
As you search the scriptures, you will find that God’s plan for our prosperity is abundantly clear. The fourth chapter of Deuteronomy begins this way:
“Surely I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great who hath God so nigh unto them as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law which I set before you this day?” (Deuteronomy 4:5–8).
You see here that not only does God’s Word teach us His plan for prosperity but also teaches us why He has such a plan: He wants His children to be prosperous. Not only does He want us to prosper but also to be in good health (3 John 2).
Why do some people still suffer lack?
In the first part of this series, we discussed how God’s Word assures us that financial prosperity is an integral part of His plan for His people. It was also suggested that, while financial prosperity is included in God’s covenant with those who follow Him, the process to achieve it may not always be easy. Then why are some people who live according to their Biblical beliefs still suffering lack? The following list includes some of the most common reasons that people do not receive all that they should from God:
- They’re unaware of God’s plan for them. God has a specific plan for everything and everyone He created, but it can often be difficult to figure out exactly what He wants us to do. Some people who faithfully attend church every Sunday may believe that they’ll receive blessings from doing so alone; however, these blessings are only received when one follows the entire Bible’s teachings and example set by Jesus Christ Himself.
- They have doubts and fears. One cannot receive anything from God if he or she does not first believe in Him and trust Him completely without wavering. Many of those who struggle with their finances are afraid to let go of control over their money because they’re worried about what might happen if they do; but as long as one has complete faith in God and believes that He will provide all his or her needs, he or she will be able to receive everything necessary from Him.
Steps to prosperity
- Pray for prosperity
- Give to the Lord
- Take care of your body
- Use your gifts and talents
- Be a cheerfully giver
- Work hard and be diligent in all things
- Give to the poor
- Be thankful in all things
- Help others in need
- Store up treasures in heaven
The power of the spoken word
We must choose to align our words with God’s. Words are powerful, and they have the ability to bring life or death. In Proverbs 18:21, we read:
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue.”
One of the most powerful aspects of all humans is their ability to speak. We are the only creatures on earth who can communicate with one another by speaking.
The Bible says that we have been given power through our words. The question then becomes, what will you use your words for? Will you use them to create a positive atmosphere or a negative one? Will you use your words as blessings or curses? Will you use your words to affirm others and build them up, or will you tear them down with your speech?
Understand how the Lord wants us to prosper.
There are a lot of misconceptions about what the Lord wants from us with regards to prosperity. Understanding God’s plan for our financial lives is key to moving forward in this journey. In this video, we will cover:
God wants us to prosper
God’s plan for prosperity
God’s plan for prosperity is not prosperity without God
God wants us to prosper in all areas of life
God wants us to prosper in a way that is pleasing to him
prayer points for financial breakthrough with bible verses
So, I will go right here and share with you some very powerful prayer points for financial breakthrough favour and open doors as well as relevant Bible verses where applicable.
- Father, empower me to be a cheerful giver; one who gives out of love and not by compulsion in Jesus name.
- make me a pillar of support to help in the expansion and growth of God’s Kingdom
- Lord, bless the work of my hands, cause me to experience open doors in my career and business in the name of Jesus.
- Every closed door in my finances Lord by your power open them up in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, my Father, remember my service to you in your Kingdom and bless me abundantly.
- You said in your word that you will not forget the Labour of Love and that he who Waters shall also be watered. therefore in the name of Jesus, I pray that all my past generosity and giving shall speak for me.
- Lord, raise men and cause them to remember me for good wherever my name is mentioned in the name of Jesus.
- Even in times of troubles, Father, just like Joseph, you will open my eyes to opportunities that will set me on the part of financial breakthrough and abundance in the name of Jesus.
- And Lord, at every given time, let my eyes be open to opportunities; I shall not be blind when opportunities come in the name of Jesus.
- Father even as I make the wealth, I receive the grace to multiply and make it and stay way beyond my time on Earth.
11.Oh lord, I will not be a prisoner of debt.
- I receive empowerment and break free from every yoke of debt in the name of Jesus.
- Whatever I set my hands to do and whatever project I embark on, Lord I will have financial surplus to carry it out in the name of Jesus.
14 Sickness will not gulp my finances in the name of Jesus.
- I shall be a lender and not a borrower.
- I will not be a financial burden to my friends, families, neighbours and colleagues in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, whenever there is a need around me, I receive the grace and the capacity to readily meet them in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Any bad habit draining my finances, I ask Lord for deliverance in the name of Jesus.
- I free myself from the affliction of poverty in my family and lineage. My wealth shall be transgenerational.
- As you empower me to make wealth, give me the grace to also sustain it and grow it in the name of Jesus.
- My eyes are open to opportunities to grow wealth and I will not plant my seed in unfertile grounds in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, every resource needed to fulfil my destiny but in the custody of my enemies, I decree a relocation in Jesus name.
- And as I make the wealth, it shall be a messenger to me; I will not be controlled by my money in the name of Jesus.
- All of my investments both in career and every area of my life shall begin to yield fruit and multiply in fullness.
25. Lord, I pray for the strength to not be a disappointment to anybody that looks upon me or financial help in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to step into the financial favour and open doors that God has ordained for me this year and in my life in the name of Jesus.
- I have the backing of Heaven to succeed financially and enjoy open doors in the name of Jesus.
- I will not be financially stranded at any point in my life and whatsoever I need, Lord you will provide for me in the name of Jesus.
- Every character in me promoting financial barrenness, I receive grace to breakthrough from such in the name of Jesus.
- Give me a measure of prosperity that will swallow my history of poverty in Jesus name.
- Lack of money will not make me abandon You in the name of Jesus.
- At any time I’m experiencing financial stress, give me the spirit of endurance, to wait on you for my prosperity in Jesus name.
- My finances will not sink; my business and career – they shall continue to blossom and flourish in Jesus name.
- When there is an economic recession, Father, bless me and cause me to enjoy abundance in Jesus name.
- Every economic policy by the government and other relevant bodies will favour me and everything that concerns me in the name of Jesus.
Bible Verses For Financial Breakthrough, Favour
Here are some Bible verses you can pray with for financial breakthrough, favour and open doors:
Gen 13:2 – Abram had become very wealthy in livestock and in silver and gold.
Luke 6:38 –Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Pro 10:22 – The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it.
Pro 19: 17 – Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
Pro 3:9-10 – Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Prayer Points For Financial Breakthrough
These prayer points for financial breakthrough have been carefully written to help you enjoy endless prosperity. Prayer them along some of the Bible verses listed here and see the hand of God at work in your life! Love this? Share it with friends!
healing and prosperity scriptures
OLD TESTAMENT VERSES
He said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
~ Exodus 15:26
Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
~ Exodus 23:25
The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt.
~ Deuteronomy 7:15
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
~ Deuteronomy 32:39
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
~ 2 Chronicles 7:14
Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
~ Psalm 6:2
For the LORD protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!
~ Psalm 34:20
The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You restore him to health.
~ Psalm 41:3
As for me, I said, “O Lord, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!”
~ Psalm 41:4
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good thing, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
~ Psalm 103:1-5
He sent out His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
~ Psalm 107:20
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
~ Psalm 147:3
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.
~ Proverbs 4:20-22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
~ Proverbs 17:22
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-3
And the Lord will strike Egypt, striking and healing, and they will return to the Lord, and he will listen to their pleas for mercy and heal them.
~ Isaiah 19:22
Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!
~ Isaiah 38:16
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
~ Isaiah 53:5
‘I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far,’ says the Lord, who heals them.
~ Isaiah 57: 18-19
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
~ Isaiah 58:8
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
~ Jeremiah 17:14
For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.
~ Jeremiah 30:17
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
~ Jeremiah 33:6
NEW TESTAMENT VERSES
And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.
~ Matthew 4:23
And He called to Him His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.
~ Matthew 10:1
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
~ Matthew 10:8
It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
~ Mark 2:17
He [Jesus] said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
~ Mark 5:34
And the power of the Lord was with him to heal.
~ Luke 5:17
Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
~ Luke 10:9
And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God.
~ Luke 13:13
But they remained silent. Then He took him and healed him and sent him away.
~ Luke 14:4
“He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”
~ John 12:40
While you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
~ Acts 4:30
And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; rise and make your bed.” And immediately he rose.
~ Acts 9:34
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
~ Acts 10:38
Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
~ 1 Corinthians 15:43
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.
~ James 5:14-15
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
~ James 5:16
He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
~ 1 Peter 2:24
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
~ 3 John 1:2
HEALING SCRIPTURES CHALLENGE
As I read, and reread Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures, I am often filled with a sense of reassurance to see how the timeless principles within its pages ring true in my life.
One lesson in particular, that we reap what we sow, has all but defined my Biblical health experience and my favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures conveys this profoundly. In its simplest form, we reap sickness because of what was sow into our bodies. Along our healing journey, we are all confronted by the same fork in the road and, we all have a choice.
No amount of prayer, no amount of meditation, and no amount of counseling can turn things around until we are willing to change. Yes, these 40 Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures are absolutely abundant life giving, but we need to also stop doing the things that are causing the damage in the first place, which then gives our bodies an opportunity to heal. At the same time, we need to learn how to take care of ourselves and regain control of our health.
Can you relate?
- Have you pledged to regaining control of your health in a way that honors your body as the temple that it truly is?
- Have you determined to feed your temple nutritious foods and avoid toxins that cause disease?
- Have you committed to stop running to the pharmacy for every little thing, and have you embraced the power of using natural therapies like essential oils instead?
- Are you committed to meditating and proclaiming these 40 Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures?
Like me, you have a choice which path you want to follow. And, now that you have learned what the Bible says about health, I trust that you will walk with me on the path toward the abundant life!