If you’ve ever wondered about the world and how it works, then this is the blog for you. We will be taking a look at news and information from around the world, with a focus on both how it might affect you, as well as what God’s Word has to say about it.
Bible verses about the world today 2021
Memorizing Bible verses can be a fun part of a journey of faith, even when you start with the youngest Sunday School attendees. These 100 memory verses are sorted so that they start with more simple verses and grow gradually more complex. Enjoy planting some of these beloved verses into the hearts of your Sunday School class.
Great Verses About The Word of God
- For the word of God is alive and active. – Hebrews 4:12 – (Memorize the full version for older students)
- For the word of the Lord is right and true. – Psalm 33:4
- Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. – Matthew 4:4
- I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. – Psalm 119:11
- The words of the Lord are flawless. – Psalm 12:6
- Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away. – Matthew 24:35
- Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path. – Psalm 119:105
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. – John 8:32
- Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. – Matthew 7:24
- I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word my whole being waits. – Psalm 130:5
- Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. – James 1:22
- All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. – 2 Timothy 3:16
- How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. – Psalm 119:9
- Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. – Proverbs 30:5
Great Verses About the Character of God/Christ/Spirit
- The Lord is good to all. – Psalm 145:9
- You are the God who sees. – Genesis 16:13
- Do not be afraid for I am with you. – Isaiah 43:5
- I am with you always. – Matthew 28:20
- The LORD is good to all. – Psalm 145:9
- The Lord bless you and keep you. – Numbers 6:24
- The Lord gives wisdom. – Proverbs 2:6
- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. – Genesis 1:1
- The heavens declare the glory of God. – Psalm 19:1
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. – Hebrews 13:8
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. – Exodus 14:14
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above. – James 1:17
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever present in trouble. – Psalm 46:1
- The same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him. – Romans 10:12
- The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. – Isaiah 40:28
Great Verses About Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit
- He is not here, he is risen! – Matthew 28:6
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. – John 14:1
- I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. – John 14:6
- I and the Father are one. – John 10:30
- “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” – Matthew 4:19
- And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. – Matthew 28:20
- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. – Romans 8:26
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. – 2 Corinthians 3:17
- But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. – John 14:26
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. – John 10:10
- For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. – John 3:17
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 6:23
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were yet still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forebearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Verses About Our Response to God and Who We Are Because of Him
- Love one another. – 1 John 3:23
- Pray continually. – 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. – Psalm 139:14
- I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. – Philippians 4:13
- Be still, and know that I am God. – Psalm 46:10
- I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart. – Psalm 138:1
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart. – Proverbs 3:5
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! – Philippians 4:4
- The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad. – Psalm 118:24
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. – Psalm 136:1
- Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. – Psalm 150:6
- When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. – Psalm 56:3
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
- You are the light of the world. – Matthew 5:14
- Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. – Acts 16:31
- This is love for God: to keep his commands. – 1 John 5:3
- Fear God and keep his commandments. – Ecclesiastes 12:13
- Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
- We must obey God rather than human beings. – Acts 5:29
- Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. – Isaiah 26:4
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
- You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. – Deuteronomy 6:5
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise. – Ephesians 6:1
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9
- Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. – 2 Corinthians 9:7
- You dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. – 1 John 4:4
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. – 2 Timothy 1:7
Verses About Godly Character
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. – Ephesians 4:32
- We love because He first loved us. -1 John 4:19
- Children, obey your parents in everything. – Colossians 3:20
- Love your neighbor as yourself. – Matthew 22:39
- An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies. – Proverbs 14:5
- Do not judge, or you too will be judged. – Matthew 7:1
- Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. – Colossians 3:2
- Let the message of Christ dwell in you richly. – Colossians 3:16
- Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. – Romans 10:13
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. – Romans 3:23
- Do to others as you would have them do to you. – Luke 6:31
- Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character. – 1 Corinthians 15:33
- No one can serve two masters. – Matthew 6:24
- Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. – Proverbs 13:20
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. – Romans 12:12
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. – Ephesians 4:32
- So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. – 2 Corinthians 4:18
- Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. – Galatians 6:7
- Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. – Ephesians 4:29
- For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction. – Psalm 1:6
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
Longer Passages – Teach in Sections
- The Character and Abilities of God – Isaiah 40:13-31
- The 10 Commandments – Exodus 20:1-17
- The Greatest Commandment – Matthew 22:37-40
- The Lord is Our Shepherd – Psalm 23:1-6
- The Lord’s Prayer – Matthew 6:9-13
- Suffering in Christ – Romans 5:1-5
- The Full Armor of God – Ephesians 6:13-18
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT GOD’S CALL TO LOVE OTHERS
1. Deuteronomy 15:7-8
If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.
2. Deuteronomy 15:11
There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.
3. Job 6:14
Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.PUT LOVE IN ACTION
4. Psalm 41:1
Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the Lord delivers them in times of trouble.
5. Psalm 82:2-4
“How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? Defend the cause of the weak and the fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
6. Proverbs 3:27
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
7. Proverbs 14:31
Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
8. Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
9. Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.
10. Proverbs 22:9
The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.
11. Proverbs 31:8-9
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
12. Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
13. Isaiah 58:6-7
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?”
14. Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
15. Zechariah 7:9
This is what the Lord Almighty said: “Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.”
16. Matthew 5:16
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
17. Matthew 25:37-40
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ ”
18. Luke 3:10-11
“What should we do then?” the crowd asked.
John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”
19. Luke 6:35-36
“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”
20. Luke 6:38
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
21. Luke 12:33-34
“Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
22. John 15:12-13
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
23. Romans 12:9-10
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
24. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
25. Galatians 6:2
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
26. Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
27. Hebrews 13:16
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
28. James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
29. 1 Peter 4:10-11
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
30. 1 John 3:16-18
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.