God is always working in the lives of Christians. He is faithful. When His children fall He will pick them up and dust them off. He will never forsake His faithful ones and with His mighty right hand He will hold you. He knows what you need, He knows what you’re going through, and He knows your pain. Commit to Him, continue to live by His Word, hold on to God’s promises in your heart and know that in all situations He will help you and with Him you will overcome.
The issue of why so many people have come to accept what must be a false interpretation of the Bible is an intriguing one. Despite my shock at the events, I had to accept the possibility that the churchgoers here—at least the ones who had given their approval—lacked even the most basic understanding of the Bible.
False teaching is a major obstacle to a good relationship with God, and that may seem harsh. The church has become infected with false doctrine that distorts and flat-out rejects God’s Word. The snake’s first recorded statements from Satan to Eve are:
The snake that the LORD God had created was cunning beyond that of any other snake or reptile.”Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden?'” he pressed the lady. Innovating: 1.
Satan sows the seeds of uncertainty and mistrust in Eve’s mind with these statements. His follow-up comments, however, were what exposed her to the heresy that led her to doubt and misinterpret God’s will.
The snake told the woman that she did not have to accept her fate as a victim. The Bible warns against eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil because doing so will make you as powerful as God. This is in accordance with Genesis 3:4-5.
Open enmity toward God’s Word has taken numerous forms throughout history. The question this raises, however, is how. A clue is provided in Jude’s letter:
There are those among you whose destinies were written in stone eons ago. To quote Jude, “they are ungodly people, who change the grace of our God into an occasion for immorality, and who put Jesus Christ to open shame” (Jude 1:4).
Due of financial constraints, evildoers were able to infiltrate the church and spread their heretical beliefs. To protect themselves from the dangers of false teaching, God’s people need a strategy that combines persistent, in-depth study of the Bible.
- “People who fall the hardest, bounce back the highest.” – Nishan Panwar.
- “Just because we fell one time doesn’t mean we can’t get up and let our light shine.”
- “When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking.”
- “It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up.”
What does the Bible say about falling?
1. Proverbs 24:16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he will rise again, but the wicked stumble into calamity.
2. Psalm 37:23-24 The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.
3. Psalm 145:14-16 The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.
4. Psalm 146:8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are weighed down. The LORD loves the godly.
5. Psalm 118:13-14 I was pushed hard, so that I was falling, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
6. Psalm 20:8 Those nations will fall down and collapse, but we will rise up and stand firm.
7. Psalm 63:7-8 for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
8. 2 Samuel 22:37 You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping.
9. Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
10. Psalm 37:17 for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
Live by God’s Word and you will not stumble.
11. Proverbs 3:22-23 My son, do not lose sight of these— keep sound wisdom and discretion, Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble.
12. Psalm 119:165 Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble.
13. Proverbs 4:11-13 I will teach you wisdom’s ways and lead you in straight paths. When you walk, you won’t be held back; when you run, you won’t stumble. Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go. Guard them, for they are the key to life.
14. Psalm 119:45 I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.
15. Jeremiah 8:4 “Say to them, ‘This is what the LORD says: “‘When people fall down, do they not get up? When someone turns away, do they not return?
16. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair, we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed. We always carry the death of Jesus in our body, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
17. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two people are better than one because together they have a good reward for their hard work. 10 If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is all alone when he falls. There is no one to help him get up. Again, if two people lie down together, they can keep warm, but how can one person keep warm? Though one person may be overpowered by another, two people can resist one opponent. A triple-braided rope is not easily broken.
18. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
19. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is unusual for human beings. But God is faithful, and he will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength. Instead, along with the temptation he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to endure it.
Isaiah 40:8 ESV / 48 helpful votes
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 ESV / 42 helpful votes
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
Galatians 6:9 ESV / 32 helpful votes
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
Psalm 85:12 ESV / 18 helpful votes
Yes, the Lord will give what is good, and our land will yield its increase.
Genesis 8:22 ESV / 18 helpful votes
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”
2 Corinthians 9:10 ESV / 13 helpful votes
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
Matthew 9:37-38 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV / 9 helpful votes
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 23:1-6 ESV / 8 helpful votes
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. …
Psalm 107:37 ESV / 7 helpful votes
They sow fields and plant vineyards and get a fruitful yield.
Hebrews 13:8 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Isaiah 65:25 ESV / 6 helpful votes
The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the Lord.
Isaiah 9:3 ESV / 5 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
You have multiplied the nation; you have increased its joy; they rejoice before you as with joy at the harvest, as they are glad when they divide the spoil.
Jude 1:6 ESV / 439 helpful votes
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—
2 Peter 2:4 ESV / 429 helpful votes
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;
Genesis 6:1-22 ESV / 355 helpful votes
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. …
Revelation 12:9 ESV / 300 helpful votes
And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
Revelation 12:7-9 ESV / 227 helpful votes
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
2 Corinthians 11:14 ESV / 210 helpful votes
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
Ephesians 6:12 ESV / 203 helpful votes
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Job 2:1 ESV / 186 helpful votes
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the Lord.
1 John 4:1 ESV / 177 helpful votes
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Matthew 25:41 ESV / 170 helpful votes
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Jude 1:6-7 ESV / 160 helpful votes
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
Revelation 20:2-5 ESV / 159 helpful votes
And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
1 Peter 5:8 ESV / 153 helpful votes
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
John 8:44 ESV / 145 helpful votes
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Hebrews 13:2 ESV / 144 helpful votes
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Genesis 6:4 ESV / 142 helpful votes
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.
1 John 3:8 ESV / 135 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.